Wednesday 12 June 2013

I'm a busy busy man

So last month was pretty busy...

Not only did I celebrate my 22nd Birthday... (yeh I know that's old) but I had my final exams of second year along with a multitude of other things. So here goes.

To start with I had 5 exams to get through. As is always the way there were a couple that I knew I'd do well in and then a couple that... well let's just say that they were a struggle. Definitely have to say that if you enjoy the subject matter then the exams will be a lot easier, but there are things that we have to do even though we don't like them, so I studied and hopefully did well enough.

Once those were over you'd think I would have done the normal thing and gone back home to spend some time with the family but no... I had been booked onto a UKCC Level 1 Coaching Course in Trampolining. The first day wasn't too bad, apart from being in a class room for 8 hours learning subject matter that wasn't really specific to Trampolining. But the other 2 days really made up for that. After spending over 16 hours in 2 days in a sports hall coaching children, not only did I realise that children aren't my favourite people; but I learned a lot of stuff. How to talk to children, how to coach effectively and more importantly the skills to pass my knowledge onto new trampoliners. So hopefully I'll have a few more sessions to hone these skills and then pass my assessment day in September.

In between these I've been trying to organise the Bangor University HackerSpace, a society I set up to provide a community for 'hackers' and non hackers to come together to explore the fun side of computer science, engineering and technology. There will probably be a more indepth post about this in the coming months.

Finally I'm going to be visiting Waterford in Ireland come July for a research placement with the WIN-IPT programme looking at wireless sensor networks and photovoltaic technology. So hopefully I'll get some good pics and stuff to post a few blogs whilst I'm over there.

Anyway that's enough about me, shall speak to you all soon.

Ta ta.

S


No comments:

Post a Comment